It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that the existence of our setting is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community. We will place notices advertising the Pre-School in places where all sections of the community can see them.
- We ensure that information about our setting is accessible, in written and spoken form and, where appropriate, in more than one language. Where necessary, we will try to provide information in Braille, or through British Sign Language. We will provide translated written materials where language needs of families suggest this is required as well as access to an interpreter.
- We arrange our waiting list in the following order of priority:
- Children from Pool, Arthington and Old Pool Bank in date of birth order
- Children from surrounding areas in date of birth order
- Children may be allocated a full time place subject to availability
- In the event that Pre-School has additional sessions available, parents will be notified and additional sessions allocated to children whose parents request them in date of birth order whilst taking into account individual circumstances.
- Keep a place vacant, if this is financially viable in order to accommodate emergency admissions.
- Describe the Pre-School and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers, including childminders and people from all cultural, ethnic, religious and social groups, with and without disabilities.
- Make our equal opportunities policy widely known and monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that no accidental discrimination is taking place.
- Consult with families about the opening times of Pre-School to avoid excluding anyone and be flexible about attendance patterns so as to accommodate the needs of individual children and families and continue to consult local parents to ensure that the group goes on meeting the changing needs of the local community.
We would prefer that children were out of nappies when they start at Pre-School but in the event of a child not being fully potty/toilet trained or having frequent toileting accidents we ask parents to provide pull ups/nappies, wipes, nappy bags etc in a bag clearly marked with their child’s name.
Parents should give at least two weeks notice of their intention to reduce the number of sessions their child attends.
PLEASE NOTE: Children do not automatically get a place at Pool CofE School if they attend Pool Pre-School Group.
Use the enrolment form to request a child to be admitted to Pre-School. This form must be printed out, completed, signed and submitted to Pre-School.
Prior to a child starting at Pre-School, complete and submit a child registration form Child Registration Form.
This policy was reviewed and amended in September 2016