Pool Pre-School Group is a Committee run group and as such we have to abide by the Pre-School Learning Alliance’s Constitution. You can find a copy of this on the notice board.
Click here to meet this year’s committee and if you want to get involved please get in touch!
Pool Pre-School could not operate without a committee!
The Pre-School Committee is made up of:
- Between two and nine other elected members
Committee members become Trustees of the group and they employ a Pre-School Manager (who is responsible for the day to day running of the group), Assistant Manager, Pre-School assistants and a Financial Administrator who works alongside the Committee Treasurer. Paid employees do not have the power to vote at Committee meetings. Full details of job descriptions for paid members of staff may be seen on request.
Who can join the Committee?
- Parents/Guardians of children who attend the Pre-School
- Anyone who has an interest in the welfare of children
The Chairperson is responsible for:
- Representing Pre-School at public events and meetings
- Line Manager for Pre-School Manager
- Chairing committee/open meetings
- Supporting Pre-School staff
- Supporting the Treasurer and checking books and finances
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Assisting the Financial Administrator with all aspects of finance
- A vote on the committee
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Writing and receiving letters
- Keeping records of correspondence
- Drawing up and circulating agenda before meeting (in consultation with Chair)
- Advertise meetings in advance
- Take minutes of meetings, a copy of which can be found on the Notice Board
Overall the Committee is responsible for:
- Joint responsibility for making decisions
- Fundraising – this is an important part of Pre-School as we need to fundraise to keep Pre-School viable
- Helping out in any way to keep Pre-School a happy and safe environment
- The business side of Pre-School – insurance, PLA membership, finances
- Working with staff to ensure that Pre-School runs as smoothly as possible
Members of staff are invited to the committee meetings and the Pre-School manager submits a report (usually verbal) on the day to day running of the group. The Financial Administrator also submits a report with details of the current financial situation.
More detailed information may be found in ‘Pre-School Committees and Constitutions’ and ‘Management in Pre-Schools’ copies of which are available from the Chairperson.
All parents are very welcome to attend any Committee meeting. Any parent wishing to join the committee should speak to the Chairperson.
The Pre-School Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting every October.